Position: Media and Communications Officer
Department: Programs and Communications
Number: One (1) position
Deadline: Wednesday, 30th September 2020 11:00 AM.
Jubilant Stewards of Africa (JSA) is a Non-Governmental Organization dedicated to the improvement of the living standards, social ethics, dignity and empowerment of communities. Registered in Kenya as an NGO JSA’s main objective is to provide access to education, health care services, increase agricultural production, promotion of peace and contribution to environmental conservation. We prioritize training of farmers, mentorship, crusades against drug and substance abuse, environmental advocacy, promotion of peaceful coexistence, campaign for responsible sexual behavior with the aim of bringing up a responsible and a dependable generation.
JSA is seeking one Media and Communications Officer to join its dynamic team. Under the supervision of the Head of the Programs and Communications, the incumbent is primarily responsible for supporting Jubilant Stewards of Africa’s programming in its Health, Agriculture, and Peace Building objectives through implementation of related projects and activities. Program delivery will require occasional travel and some irregular work hours.
With the help of the JSA’s Management, the officer is expected to do the following:
- Overall development of media and communications activities including, being involved in or informed about all progress related to JSA’s objectives.
- Build a functional network of significant contacts with relevant organizations and especially with institutions with the same objectives as JSA in order to leverage these relationships for the advancement of the JSA’s vision.
- Work together with JSA’s management to develop and implement an effective communications strategy based on our target audience.
- Write, edit, and distribute content, including publications, press releases, social media posts, website content, annual reports, speeches, and other communication and media materials that communicates the organization’s activities.
- Must possess tangible social media knowledge
- Travel as required to support implementation of project activities
- Perform other assignments as and when necessary assigned by Supervisor
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Communications and Public Relations, Linguistic Media and Communications, Marketing with IT, Journalisms or related field.
- Experience as a Corporate Affairs, Media, Communications or Digital Marketing Officer is strongly desired.
- Admirable communication and interpersonal skills
- Well informed with contemporary issues, visionary and self-motivated
- Excellent command, written and spoken, of both English and Swahili
- Knowledge and interest in open parliament/open government/open data
- Experience and demonstrated ability in working with community.
- Excellent skills in computer packages software applications
- Exceptional organizational skills, ability to work independently and as part of a team using initiative and judgment
- Ability to work under short deadlines, resource limitations and balance multiple activities and demands
To apply, please send your CV and application letter clearly stating how you are able to fit in our organization and benefit from it to email@example.com.
Due to the high volume of applications received, ONLY successful candidates will be contacted.
Jubilant Stewards of Africa is an equal-opportunity employer, offering competitive compensation and a stimulating, professional work environment.
JUBILANT STEWARDS OF AFRICA DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING).
For more information, please visit https://www.jubilantstewards.org/