Position: Volunteer – Programs and Corporate Communications
Department: Programs Implementation
Duty Station: Hybrid
Number: 3 Volunteers
Application Deadline: Friday 29th September 2023 10:00AM
Jubilant Stewards of Africa (JSA) is a Non-Governmental Organization dedicated to the improvement of the living standards, social ethics, dignity and empowerment of communities. Registered in Kenya as an NGO JSA’s main objective is to provide access to education, health care services, increase agricultural production, promotion of peace and contribution to environmental conservation. We prioritize training of farmers, mentorship, crusades against drug and substance abuse, environmental advocacy, promotion of peaceful coexistence, campaign for responsible sexual behavior with the aim of bringing up a responsible and a dependable generation.
JSA is seeking three volunteers – Program and Corporate Communication –to join its dynamic team. Under the supervision of the Head of the Programs and Communications, the volunteers are primarily responsible for supporting Jubilant Stewards of Africa’s programming in its Health, Agriculture and Peace Building objectives through implementation of related projects and activities. Normally our program delivery requires occasional travel and some irregular work hours however with the current Covid-19 pandemic no travel is required for the volunteers they will work from your home.
NB: This opportunity has been created to enhance the NGOs efforts in mitigation of coronavirus.
With the help of JSA’s Management the volunteers are expected to learn and do the following:
• Overall development of program activities including, being involved in or informed about all progress related to JSA’s objectives in health, Agriculture and peace building
• Design and implement programs and performing tasks as guided under the supervision of the Head of Programs and Communication.
• Build a functional network of significant contacts with relevant organizations and especially with institutions with the same objectives as JSA in order to leverage these relationships for the advancement of the JSA’s vision.
• Contribute to the drafting of reports, website posts, social media posts, publications and project delivery materials
• Learn as required to support implementation of project activities
• Perform other assignments as and when necessary assigned by Supervisor/mentor
• Minimum of undergraduate university degree in Communication, Social Science, Community development, law, Health Science, public administration, or any other relevant field
• Admirable communication and interpersonal skills
• Well informed with contemporary issues, visionary and self-motivated
• Excellent command, written and spoken, of both English and Swahili
• Knowledge and interest in open parliament/open government/open data
• Experience and demonstrated ability in working with community.
• Excellent skills in computer packages software applications
• Exceptional organizational skills, ability to work independently and as part of a team using initiative and judgment
• Ability to work under short deadlines, resource limitations and balance multiple activities and demands
To apply, please send your CV and application letter clearly stating how you are able to fit in our organization and benefit from it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the high volume of applications received, ONLY successful candidates will be contacted.
Jubilant Stewards of Africa is an equal-opportunity organization, offering competitive learning experience and a stimulating professional environment. Volunteers should not expect payment however they may be given stipends as per the NGO’s HR policies. Volunteers work five days per week (40 hours) under the supervision & mentorship of a staff member in the department or program to which they are assigned.
JUBILANT STEWARDS OF AFRICA DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING).
For more information on Jubilant Stewards of Africa, please visit https://www.jubilantstewards.org/